The Arts Unit offers dance workshops for both students and teachers throughout the year. There are several workshops that target a specific range of students grouped together from the Sydney Metropolitian Area and Regional NSW. All workshops are held in Sydney.
Student Dance Workshops
Student Workshops offer an intensive opportunity for young male and female dancers from Years K-12 to learn their craft and to develop their skills.
The program aims to develop students’ technical and artistic talents in dance and provide opportunities to develop a high level of skills in this art form.
At these workshops students study a variety of dance styles, guided by professional tutors and specialist dance teachers.
Click on the links below, to see what workshops we offer:-
- State Dance Festival Workshops for Years K-12. Applications for 2014 will open in late July 2014.
- HSC Workshops for Year 12.
- Dance Days for Years 2-4 - Applications for 2014 are now CLOSED.
- Junior Dance Workshops for Years 5-6 - Applications for 2014 are now CLOSED.
- Senior Dance Workshops for Years 7-12 - Applications for 2014 are now open, please click on the link.
Boys from the State Dance Ensembles participated in workshops with the BalletBoyz in May 2014.
High quality, engaging professional learning, accredited by the NSW Institute of Teachers.
The choreographic workshop provides skills in choreography and in analysis of compositional elements. The Choreographic Workshop is an excellent opportunity for dance teachers to develop high level skills in making dance works for students to perform. Participants from both metropolitan and non-metropolitan schools are invited to take part in the workshop.
Further enquiries relating to the Student or Teacher Dance Workshops should be directed to:-
Susan Rix, Student Dance Performance Officer - The Arts Unit
(02) 8512 1179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget you can join The Arts Unit on Facebook www.facebook.com/theartsunit to receive program news, updates and information, as well as share pictures and videos from all our latest events and workshops.